Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mother's To Be


As the winter draws near and nights become much cooler, it seems as though this winter weather has brought more couples closer together. I'm hearing more and more about mother's to be and I'm seeing more tummies grow as months pass by. Recently, a dear friend of mine shared with me that she's expecting and what a joy it was for me to hear her say those words. Of course sometimes pregnancies do take people by surprise, but bringing another life into the world is the greatest surprise and greatest gift that one could ever receive.

As I'm growing older I'm noticing more frequently that there is such an elegant presence to pregnant women; I'm just in awe with their stunning "motherly glow." All the women that I have met have this inner beauty that bursts and shines through their eyes- it actually makes me a little anxious to want and have a baby.
I can only imagine during that moment when that precious little bundle of joy is wrapped up in her arms and a
new kind of love will be unveiled and a special vow between mother and newborn will be made.
Here's a poem to all the mother's to be.

~*The Beauty of Women*~

The beauty of a woman
Is not in the clothes she wears,
The figure that she carries,
Or the way she combs her hair.
The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes,
Because that is the doorway to her heart,
the place where love resides.

The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole,
But true beauty in a woman
Is reflected in her soul.

It is the caring that she lovingly gives,
The passion that she shows,
And the beauty of a woman
With passing years-only grows....

~Anonymous

No comments: