Thursday, September 3, 2009

Grandpa

As years pass and as I'm growing older I am also seeing you grow older as well. Your once young eyes that I gazed into as a young todler has gradually changed and tired over time. Your thick jet black hair that I used to comb for $.25 cents has now changed to a thin sudden gray. Your laughter and war stories that once filled the room has become less than and more quiet as your illness has creeped into your life.

Grandpa, just because you didn't say those three words to me, my young heart knew just how much you loved me. We've gone through so many good times and even bad times, but never once did you give up on me. Just like you Grandpa, I won't give up on you... Whether you have Alzheimers or whether it's old age that your memory is slowly fading away; I have all our memories kept in a huge red box that's wrapped in my heart solely for you and me. No one else knows our secrets Grandpa, no one else; just you and me....

No comments: