Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Souvenir Made in Chicago



Entering my first plane ride from out of state with the love of my life! Here's the view from where I was sitting...

Photos taken by Priscilla Martinez


So... I couldn't have imagined a better vacation then I did. The plane ride itself was just breath taking. Being in a plane with loved ones is the most fun I've ever had! Card games were being played and our laughter just filled the plane-**good times**. And remember in my last blog I was hoping to get a window seat? Well it worked out to my advantage and I was able to see the endless blue sky, the white cotton clouds and each states land and how it differed from state to state. I would have to say that I have never seen a greener piece of land like Milwaukee and Illinois in my life. Sure, California has its beautiful places but they’re so distant from where I live; so during my trip I was able to appreciate Chicago’s land that much more. :) Chicago’s sweet "picture perfect" Bungalow style homes (well at least the one I stayed in) were surrounded by leafy weeping willows and gorgeous tall Elm Trees which made the streets itself look so rich and gorgeous- I loved it!





Rick and I @ the Planetarium Navy Pier

Science Museum Architecture boat tour
Photos taken by Priscilla Martinez


There's just so much to do in the third most largest city! I would definitely recommend wearing comfortable shoes or sandals because you'll be doing a lot of walking. Although I was super tired after one day of walking, I would have to say that it was the best part because that's how I was able to see every skyline, shop, bus stop, train, restaurant, park and person. And it's always very nice being able to hold hands and experience new adventures with the person you love most.

Fun places to go & see that I recommend would be:

The Navy Pier * Architecture Boat Tour* The Science Museum* Shedd Aquarium* Willis Tower* The Planetarium* The Bean* Millennium Park* Grant Park* Buckingham Fountain* * Giordano's (famous for their deep dish pizza)* And I'm sure there's a lot more! :)


At Millennium Park

Lastly, for all those romatics out there...haha jk Well, I must say that this trip brought Rick and I closer together. We've been together for four years now, but each time we venture out we always learn something new about each other which makes our relationship fun and exciting. We had so much fun in the city that it was hard to say "goodbye" to all our family and new friends. But there was a moment from Chicago, one that I will keep as my personal souvenir, was when Rick and I walked hand in hand around the quiet neighborhood with just the crickets playing their soft tunes,while the wind blowing sofltly through the trees and the stars shinning from the sky- I caught him staring at me and though there were no words spoken, I knew his eyes were telling me just how much he loved me. I really am blessed to have him in my life. And as we walked together that night we exchanged our thoughts about life and what our future will be like; I'll keep those details burried in my heart... ;)

So that was my trip... pleasant in every way; I hope the next time you venture on your vacation you will have just as good of a time. <3<3>

3 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like you had a great time! And your pictures turned out beautiful. I'm so glad you were able to spend some time away with your honey!! :)

VanessasRunway said...

aweee! That last paragraph was so cheesy! love it! hehe

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I love the last picture, very romantic :)
Reading your blog makes me rethink my relationship and how maybe I should give it more time. Thanks for the awesome blog :)