Friday, August 6, 2010

Graduation Day




It was May 23, 2010 and I was amongst the most awesome and most brilliant people in the world which created the most fondest memory for me. Graduation day was a moment to be proud of myself and my fellow classmates for all the late night studying, flashcards, tears of frustration, term papers and stress that every college student endures while in school.

It was a moment that even I had to take a step back, take a deep breath and take all in...

Wearing a cap and gown with a diploma in my hand was a bold statement of success;that one chapter in our life was complete to move on to the next. Some friends were continuing school to pursue their masters degree in Counseling/Psychology, another friend was weeks away from giving birth to her first born child, while others just wanted to take a break from school and live life for a while.




Another fond memory I have was looking into the stadium and gazing at all the signs and listening to families and friends scream out their graduate's name, and through the midst of it, I saw my boyfriend standing next to my two eldest brothers cheering me on with a huge smile on his face. He later called me prior to my name being called out to only say how proud he was of me. His voice was so sincere, caring and genuine that it made me realize that he's the only one I want to run to show off my achievements too...

Overall... Graduation Day definitely made me realize that we all have our own path in life. Each person will encounter something different and new as life goes on...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's been awhile since I've been on here but oh my goodness, CONGRATS on graduating!! How exciting, that all that time and work has finally paid off. Yay :)

I'm also happy to hear that you and your lovey have worked things out. :)

Congrats and happy future to you.