Monday, April 5, 2010

My First Date

It was the cutest and best date I've had in a while! The weather was just perfect to drive out to Long Beach, Ca and spend the day with my hunny.

Our first stop was a French restaurant called La Creperie Cafe`. The food was excellent and very affordable; I wasn't disappointed at all. I chose the Spinach Feast which is a savory crepe with scrambled eggs, fresh spinach, tomato, mushrooms, mozzarella, feta and ricotta cheese. It was sinful! We were sooo full that we weren't able to try what they're most famous for, which is their sweet crepes. I've heard good stories about those, so don't be afraid to try them out! ;) After our delicious meal we drove to E. Ocean Blvd. to Kayak Rentals and grabbed a tandem kayak for $8 per person/per hour- not bad! Kayaking around the bay and marina was probably the best way to spend a few hours on a beautiful day with your special someone. It was fun to admire the beautiful homes, yatchts and other sailors that I'll never have- haha only kidding. But.... considering this wasn't a Gondola ride, we made the best out of it. I couldn't stop singing Dean Martin's love song, "When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore..." I'm sure my hunny wanted to throw me off the kayak, but the song was just too brilliant to do so... haha... It couldn't have been a better day for the beach.

And as the evening was drawing near, my hunny and I stopped by Downtown Long Beach and walked around the shoreline to have a couple of drinks. It was truly a great way to end the evening... I couldn't have had a better first date than this! Thank you babe! :)

2 comments:

VanessasRunway said...

aweee! How cute! :)

Alice in Wonderland said...

This was so sweet! Here's to many more romantic dates like this one, and hopefully the start of something big! @->--